2nd Camões Creative Writing Competition 2015-2016
The Escola Secundária de Camões promotes this school year (2015-2016) the 2nd Camões Creative Writing Competition. The overall theme is “Bridges”.
The categories in the competition are Poetry and Fiction (short story, theatre play, fantasy tale, etc.).
All students can participate.
The entries must be original, unpublished, unaided and written in English.
- Poems cannot exceed 25 verses.
- Fiction works cannot exceed 1500 words.
- The title, if there is one, does not count towards these limits.
- Make sure of the verse/word count. Entries exceeding the limits defined will be disqualified.
- Entries must be somehow related to the overall theme “Bridges”.
- Entries must be 1,5 spaced; font Calibri 11 or Arial 10.
All entries must be delivered until February 29, 2016 at the latest. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entries should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Subject field, type “Camões Creative Writing Competition 2015-2016”.
- In the message body, include the following information:
- Pseudonym used to sign the text (your entry)
- Class number
- Phone number
- Category you are competing in
- Attach your entry to the message. This should be a document with your text, signed with a pseudonym. Do not include any other information in the document that could identify you.
Each participant can enter the competition with up to two entries in each category. Each entry should be signed with a different pseudonym and delivered in its own email message.
- The jury will consist of a panel of 2 teachers of ES Camões and an invited personality.
- If there is a draw, the President of the Jury will have the final vote.
- The Jury will evaluate the entries received and award the prizes for each category – first, second and third places.
- Prizes might not be awarded by the Jury if the entries do not possess the desired quality.
- The Jury’s decision regarding the awards is final, without the possibility of an appeal.
- The Jury reserves the right to publish the texts.
- Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns where the parents or guardians have given their consent.
- The prizes in each category will be the following*:
- The Jury may decide to award honorable mentions to entries that do not win a prize.
*Monetary prizes courtesy of Junta de Freguesia de Arroios
The awards will be announced and delivered at a school ceremony organized for the purpose on April 21, 2016.